Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Reviews




Very happy

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Jun 25, 2016
This is my 2nd windows phone and I really like it. It's so easy to use, great features and is responsive. Have heard others complain of the lack of apps available but I am happy with the selection. Camera is great and with an sd card and one drive has loads of storage capacity. I like everything about it. No complaints here.

Great phone

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Feb 19, 2016
I'm not real techy in any shape or form, and am a more budget conscious phone buyer, so I'm thrilled with this phone. Its my 2nd lumia windows phone and its such an improvement on my last model. The so called lack of apps is not a concern for me, there's plenty for what I need. I love the size, the reception (blue tick-regional area), clarity of voice, ease of use and more. Really good value for money. Might not be everyone's idea of a great phone, but it'll do me nicely. Best phone Ive ever had so far.


Surprising Windows Phone. Better than IPhone and Android phones.

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Jan 27, 2016
Having come from an Android phone and previously an Iphone I was extremely surprised at my first encounter with the Lumia 640. Firstly it is a Blue Tick phone, meaning it has the best possible rural coverage reach, so that even with the smallest signal, it will continue to function. This means if you are travelling or in rural areas where signals are sparse, you will get the absolute best out of this phone.
The next thing is the navigating and setting of this phone. These are just so much easier when you have to move just one screen to access 
the full list. Select settings and what you are looking for is mostly found instantly.
Now there are some drawbacks, such as the inability to change the initial screen, but at least I could delete apps, (Sport) which will then disappear from the front screen. 
The 5” touch screen is very responsive as is the responsiveness of the phone itself. With the locked phone price at sub-$100 at the moment it blitzes most other competitors in this price range.
I can understand my friend telling me that if you are familiar with Window 8-10 operating system then you will love this phone. I do. This phone runs on Windows 8.1 and has 8Gb built-in memory plus room for an extra memory card.
Lots of Font Sizes for the ease of reading the Current News and SMS’s. I like the way the screen flicks up from the bottom, drop-down menus based on app sensitive flicks from both top and bottom, and sideways flicks for apps and controls.
An example is when reading the latest news, if you flick up from the bottom a menu shows different font sizes that instantly alters the print size of the page you are reading. Very handy. Revert any time.
Personally I think that a 5” screen is the current perfect size screen and when I was looking at the screen in full sunlight it seemed to appear almost LCD like and quite easily readable, though colourless. No phone I have previously owned was readable in full sunlight. 
So, well done Microsoft.



Best smartphone going around - for the price

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Dec 30, 2015
I've had my 640 for about two months now and was cautious moving from iphone 4s. But I've found that it not only matches the iphone but exceeds it in almost all areas. Granted its not the flagship model and does have limitations but for the price its is the best smart phone you can buy.
Windows 10 mobile has made this phone even better. An outstanding phone.



Good Phone!

 
4 out of 5reviewed on Dec 15, 2015
So I had Lumia 625 before and I was not quite happy about the quality of Phone. After thinking a lot I thought let's give this model a go as the reviews were pretty good and the only down side everywhere is listed was the APP store which was not a problem for me and I knew that windows app store is not that great and it's only got the basic, essentials apps. 
Anyway I've got the phone for 2 weeks now, and I enjoy my experience so far. The quality of camera is really good , 8 megapixel for this price is good. Software is strong, and fast. I'd like screen quality a huge improvement comparing to old models. So I recommend this Phone, I can guarantee, you can't find a better phone with this Price on the Market!


Awesome phone

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Dec 13, 2015
Overall the phone is good, especially when you consider it only costs you about $200. Although the app store doesn't have many apps as Android, all applications that I needed are already there. If it is possible the only thing I'd like to improve is the cameras, the main one is only 8M pixels and 2M pixels for the front one. I knew Lumia 640 XL has a 13MP camera, but the screen size (5.7 in) is a little bit big for me.


Great phone... even better price

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Dec 05, 2015
I've had an iPhone and I use an android tablet but I think the Windows / Lumia combination is way out in front. The Lumia 640 is a state of the art smart phone at a budget price. I picked mine up on eBay, brand new unlocked for $210. But even at the RRP ($299 I think), its a bargain. Windows on a phone seems strange at first but its very strait forward and intuitive to use and it doesn't take long to get used to. After that iOS and Android seem quite laborious to navigate. The 640 has a crisp, bright, 5" (gorilla glass) screen, a good camera, fast and smooth performance and fantastic battery life (I sometimes get over 3 days when I don't use bluetooth). Its light and I think, quite attractive. You can add an SD card up 64 Gig and the battery is user replaceable (and easily done). Yes, technically iOS and Android have more available apps, but I have never been unable to find what I want. I have yet to find anything I don't like about this phone.



Very solid phone

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Oct 26, 2015
Got this as I couldn't justify the +$1000 cost of a new iphone. Overall it is very good. Love the way it does email into individual tiles so you dont have to scroll thorugh lots of junk. Personally I'm over having a million and one apps and find that there is enough apps in the window store for my essentials to keep me happy. (Yes I do wish that more people would write apps for windpws phone, not just iphone and android) Battery life is excellent, I long longer stress about having to find apple cables every day!)
Previous
Next Post »