Lenovo X1 Carbon Reviews



Luv my laptop!

5 out of 5reviewed on Nov 14, 2016
Just a quick review to say, how awesome this touch screen on my Lenovo x1 carbon... luv it!!! :) :) :)

I hadnt realise a difference with having a touch screen laptop when presenting to clients.. so easy that using mouse.. clients luv it too especially when they ask a question or having a query.. and they drive using the screen too...rather than passing on my mouse..etc. we both can drive the cursor now! pretty cool


Great for the first 18 months, then physically downhill from there

 
3 out of 5reviewed on Nov 13, 2015
I bought the Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 2 (I think) laptop around September 2013 directly from Lenovo online store in Australia, and it had been great experience using the laptop, I only had one incident of blue screen of death since I bought the unit.

Under the bonnet it's a good machine, until about 6 months ago when one of the hinges started to show signs of minor faulty (the hinge moves sideways), and this morning when I try to open the laptop the hinge did not move hence the screen bezel around the hinge broke, cracked open the side of screen
 
.

This is the 4th Lenovo laptop I used (after T40P, X220 & T something series with 3 years usage each), and I had been very satisfied with them, hence I thought it's a bit strange when the X1 Carbon hinge broke just 2 years of medium usage.

Unless Lenovo is offering to help me re-building my faith in their product, I might need to purchase a new laptop, and I have my eyes on the new DELL XPS 13, which hopefully have better built and last longer than 2 years. 

This is my legit personal review, and happy to be verified if need be :-)


Awesome laptop durable, thin and great battery - No problems after 2 years

 
5 out of 5reviewed on Aug 22, 2015
I bought the Lenovo X1 Carbon 2.5 years ago and it had been faultless and a pleasure to use. Since buying the laptop I have been crossing my fingers that nothing would go wrong with it as I have read terrible things about Lenovo Australia service - but crossing my fingers has worked so far.

I'm a bit of a nerd granted, but this laptop is one of the nicest things that I own. The laptop is lightweight, thin and has a great battery life. I've used it for both work and pleasure ie at least 8 hours a day and it has survived about 100 flights unscathed.

I have heard that Lenovo are working hard to improve their Australian service offering, but it's worth checking reviews before buying - Whirlpool forum is a good place to look.
Previous
Next Post »