Dell XPS 13 Reviews


5 out of 5reviewed on Jun 03, 2016
Dell fun since my childhood! This laptop is awesome. Never had any problems already 3 years.
W ifi signal is great! Battery not yet replaces, but 3 years, so far so long period, could be changed. The screen resolution is fantastic too! I am happy with this, truly recommended! You will never regret!



4 out of 5reviewed on Apr 29, 2016
Overall very happy with this unit. Back-lit keyboard has a nice feel, love the touchscreen & performance is great for the $$. Every now & then I need to do hard shutdown as the normal Windows 10 option doesn't work - not sure if this is the machine or OS.


5 out of 5reviewed on Mar 10, 2016
Dell fun since my childhood! This laptop is awesome. Never had any problems already 3 years.
W ifi signal is great! Battery not yet replaces, but 3 years, so far so long period, could be changed. The screen resorption is fantastic too! I am happy with this, truly recommended! You will never regret!

4 out of 5reviewed on Nov 18, 2015
I've got the I5 version (early 2015 so running 5th Gen processor not Skylake)

Ok so whats to like:
1> Battery life - in a word brilliant
2> Keyboard - It's great nice to type on and backlit so great in all conditions
3> screen - I went for the non touch matt 1900x1080 and don't regret it for a moment
4> Graphics - Actually rather impressed - I don't really have that much time these days for games but my older tittles like Crysis & Modern warfare 3 all play fine at full definition - not bad for integrated system.
5> Size - This is a grea
 
t small unit way smaller than the wife's apple air 13 inch unit, and just as thin
6> power supply - it's small and easy to carry around - the only issue is the cable to plug this into the wall is almost bigger than the adapter itself.

I brought the small USB connector for Ethernet, and displays for presentations - seems to work fine no issues with this. 

Whats not to like:
WiFi - Yep a real issue - unsure if this is driver related, but the dam thing plays up all the time have to constantly reset the wifi adapter - occasionally need to reboot the unit. Could be a windows problem - using win 10 pro but just seems to not want to work. Have had no real issues on actually remaining connected once connected but for some reason it won't show wireless connection points without resetting the adapter.

Touch-pad is OK but I always use a Bluetooth mouse - one that does not need a dongle to keep my USB ports free. Charging from the powered port works fine and is handy if your cell is running out of juice.

I might contact dell regarding the wifi issues but have just lived with it for the last few months as I've been busy traveling for work - which is where this unit really excels.

Unit feels pretty tough - the top feels nice with the rubbery finish - overall a good unit let down with the wifi issue which may just be my unit or a systematic problem.


5 out of 5reviewed on Aug 04, 2015
I was hesitant to buy a laptop that I could not test, or at least inspect in store, so the decision to purchase took some time. Reading some professional reviews I was feeling confident about the laptop however, the reviewers all seemed to say almost exactly the same things more like quoting the specification rather than doing an actual review based on usage. So anyway I bit the bullet and bought the HD version without the touchscreen XHD version (which I would have liked but I did not want to compromise on battery life, also there were some qu estions on scaling and Windows on such a high resolution). The laptop has been great since it arrived everything is as it should be the only flaws are as mentioned by the reviewers i.e. Webcam in an unusual and unflattering position (due to the wonderfully thin bezel), a lack of ports (due to the small size of the overall unit). These flaws are small in the scheme of things if you are happy with a great form factor, Powerful processor i5 (the fan hardly comes on) great finish inside and out (Aluminum and Carbon Fiber ?), Small screen Bezel (great to look at for hours), and very respectable battery life. 

Dell have done a great job on this machine.


Previous
Next Post »